BALTIMORE, Md. – The Frederick Community College volleyball team won in five sets as they defeated CCBC Essex, 3-2 (25-22, 25-16, 25-23, 19-25, 15-9) on Tuesday night.
- Jacqueline Ryan and Leslie Pamer turned in stellar performances in the victory for FCC. Both Ryan and Pamer recorded a double-double. Ryan led with 17 kills (game-high) and 13 digs. She also served up five aces. Pamer handed out 29 assists (season-high) and 11 digs to lead the way for FCC.
- Elizabeth Wilson finished with 10 kills for the Cougars. Teammate Keirra Shaffer had eight kills and 14 digs.
- As a team, FCC tallied 10 service aces! The Cougars are #15 overall in NJCAA DII in service aces per set (2.66).
- The Cougars are now 7-2 overall on the season and 7-2 in conference play.
- FCC maintains third place in MD JUCO conference.
- With the victory over the Knights, FCC extends win streak to six!
- Ryan ranks fourth in the conference in kills per set (3.30) and fifth in points per set (4.0)
- Pamer ranks fifth in the conference in assists per set (5.50).
- Ann Benzinger had quite a performance for the Knights. She registered a double-double with 12 kill and 11 digs. She also dropped in eight service aces.
Next up the Cougars host No. 19 Montgomery College (23-0) in the Athletics Center on Thursday, October 11th at 6:00 p.m.