Photo By Duncan Slade
FREDERICK, Md.- Let the postseason begin! Needing a win to keep its season alive on Friday afternoon, the No. 2 seed Frederick Community College men's soccer team defeated the No. 7 seed Harford Fighting Owls by the score of 5-0.
- FCC jumped on the scoreboard first with a goal from Vagner Marques-Rodriguez in the 23rd minute.
- Justin John-Langba (assist by Jeremy Navarro) tallied a goal to put FCC up 2-0 at the 28-minute mark in the first half. He would drop one in the net again to make it 3-0.
- Just before intermission, Luis Flores found the back of the net to put the Cougars up by four scores.
- Cherif Dicko scored the lone goal in the second half to put the Cougars up, 5-0
- Goalkeeper Ismael Hernandez notches another shutout for FCC.
- In just his third season at the helm, Head Coach John LaRocca has now reached the Final Four each year.
- The FCC men's soccer team is currently ranked No. 18 in NJCAA Division I.
- The Cougars have outscored their opponents 61-8.
- FCC extends its win streak to seven games.
Back In Action: The Cougars will return to the pitch on Wednesday night when they take on the winner of CCBC Essex/Hagerstown CC. The game will begin at 6:30. The host site for the Final Four Tournament will be CCBC Catonsville.
Final Four Tournament Schedule @ CCBC Catonsville
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
4:00 P.M.: #1 Montgomery vs. #4 CCBC Catonsville/#5 Chesapeake Winner
6:30 P.M.: #2 Frederick vs. #3 CCBC Essex/#6 Hagerstown Winner