Photo By Duncan Slade
Men's Soccer Score: Frederick Community College 8, College of Southern Maryland 0
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Records: (RV) FCC (9-1 overall, 7-1 MD JUCO) | CSM (1-9 overall, 1-8 MD JUCO)
Short Story: The (RV) Frederick Community College men's soccer team extended its win streak to five with a convincing win over the Hawks from College of Southern Maryland on Friday afternoon in MD JUCO soccer action. The Cougars scored four goals in each half to seal the victory.
- Vagner Marques-Rodriguez scored two goals in the win and handed out three assists.
- Luis Flores posted his first two goals on the season.
- Jonatan Andrade, Cherif Dicko, Tommy Nguyen, and Divin Founga Gouma each tallied a goal.
- Goalkeepers Ismael Hernandez and Emmanuel Vargas combined for the shutout.
- FCC has outscored their opponents this season by a score of 53-8.
- The Cougars rank No. 1 in goals scored per game (5.30) in NJCAA DI.
- The Cougars rank No. 8 in shots per game (19.8) in NJCAA DI.
- Carlos Guevera, Kenny Simms, and Vagner Marques-Rodriguez each have eight goals on the year.
- Vagner Marques-Rodriguez leads FCC with 11 assists on the season.
Back in Action: FCC will return to the pitch on Tuesday afternoon as they battle the Hawks from Hagerstown Community College. Start time is set for 4:00 P.M. at Frederick Community College.