Photo By: Duncan Slade
FREDERICK, Md. – The (RV) Frederick Community College men's soccer team defeated Prince George's Community College, 2-1, on Monday afternoon in a key MD JUCO conference match-up.
• In the 18th minute, the Cougars (8-1, 6-1 MD JUCO) took the lead on a goal from Vagner Marques-Rodriguez. Credit in Kareem Salon for the assist.
• FCC goalkeeper Ismael Hernandez was outstanding on the day for the Cougars, making four saves to secure the victory between the pipes.
• In the 60th minute, Cameron Barnes found the back of the net for his third goal of the season.
• With the victory, FCC extends their winning streak to four and sits at 8-1 on the season.
• Home Sweet Home! FCC remains a perfect 3-0 on their home field.
• Through nine matches this season, FCC has tallied a total of 45 goals. The Cougars rank #3 in NJCAA Division I in goals scored per game at 5.00.
QUOTES FROM THE COACH- Zachary Jacobsen, Assistant Coach
"A couple players stepped up massively as we asked them to fill in positions they are not used to playing. For much of the game, we kept our composure and focus, which I think showed. There was a brief lapse and they capitalized on scoring a late goal on us. It's good to see these improvements and carry on momentum."
• The Cougars will return to the pitch on Friday, Oct. 12 at 3:00 P.M as they welcome the Hawks from College of Southern Maryland.