Ph.D., M.A., University of Maryland, College Park B.A., Queens College, Flushing, New York
- NACDA Athletic Director of the year, 1999-2000
- Maryland JUCO Athletic Director of the Year, 2000-2001
- Athletic Director, Frederick Community College, 1989-2013.
- Golf Coach, 1995-2001; honored as Region XX Coach of the Year three of those six years
- Served as President of the Maryland JUCO Conference, 2004-2008
- Positioned FCC to be the initial winner of the MDJUCO Conference’s Jack Cistriano Award for Sportsmanship in 1999 and 2000.
- Currently Professor of Health and Physical Education, FCC
- Honored by Administrative Staff Association, FCC, 2002
Dr. Jandovitz was the Director of Athletics at Frederick Community College for the past 24 years before returning to his full-time faculty position in the Fall 2013 semester. During his time as AD, the student-athletes graduation rates were consistently above the overall College’s rates. In that same time period, FCC had 31 Academic All-Americans and numerous All- Region XX Academic Award winners.
He initiated the athletic department’s grade tracking system that helped reduce ineligible athletes to a fraction of its previous level. I led a program that has seen continued excellence in the transfer of student athletes to four-year schools. Tom was committed to the continuing education of the athletics staff, leading a group of coaches, trainer and athletic assistant in taking a 40-hour State of Maryland First Responder course for extra preparedness on campus and at athletic events.
Tom has been involved in the community as a youth coach for tweleve years, and am involved in the life of our church as an usher. He saved the College $40,000 in a joint venture with the Maryland Department of the Environment to have our soccer field surfaced with recycled rubber.
Tom was captain of the Queens College men’s basketball and lacrosse teams, and has completed three marathons and numerous triathlons.