FREDERICK, Maryland - After calling more than 200 Frederick Community College athletic events over the last seven years, Bob Peters has decided to step away from the microphone. The long-time public address voice of FCC athletics, Peters plans to retire from his duties at the end of the 2019-20 basketball season.
Peters is very familiar with Frederick County and is no stranger to athletics. This past football season, he announced all four state championship games at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis. Sports runs deep in his blood. His son is an aspiring attorney who works for IBM in North Carolina, and is active coaching his own children in sports. Additionally, Peters' has a daughter that works for the National Basketball Association (NBA).
"I want to thank Frederick Community College, and in particular, past FCC Athletic Director, Rodney Bennett," said Peters. "Rodney gave me the opportunity to fulfill my personal desire to pursue sports announcing at the collegiate level. My experience at FCC has been made personally gratifying because of the relationships formed with players, coaches and professional staff within the Athletic Department. As I, literally, move on to another life chapter in Raleigh, North Carolina, I will always value my affiliation with COUGAR ATHLETICS! GO COUGARS!"
Peters and his wife will be selling their home in Walkersville, and will move to North Carolina to be closer to their children and grandchildren.
On behalf of Frederick Community College, we would like to thank Bob for his service and dedication to Cougar Athletics.
Bob Peters Announcing Resume
- Voice of Walkersville H.S. Lions Football- 30 years
- Voice of Linganore Lancers Basketball- 11 years (2008- 2018)
- Voice of the Frederick Community Men's/Women's Basketball- 7 years (2013-2020)
- Announcer- Frederick Community College host of 2017 NJCAA, Region XX, Division II Softball Tournament- 2017
- Announcer- Frederick Community College host of 2015, 2017, 2019, NJCAA, Region XX, Division II Baseball Tournament
- Master of Ceremonies- Frederick Community College, Hall of Fame Induction Banquet- 2014, 15, 16, 17, 18.
- Master of Ceremonies Alvin G. Quinn (Frederick YMCA), Hall of Fame Induction Banquet- 2019, 2020
- Public Address announcer for the Maryland Public Secondary School Athletic Association 1A, 2A, 3A and 4A Football Championships, Navy/Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, Md- 2019.
- Voice for CD recording (safety/crowd conduct) played before all Frederick County Public High School Athletic Events